“When women and girls rise, their communities and their countries rise with them.”
~ Michelle Obama
International Women’s Day held annually on March 8, it is to celebrate women’s achievements throughout history and across nations. It is also known as the United Nations (UN) Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace. On this day only the first Conference for Women held in Mexico
This special day helps us to accent on concerns like women’s empowerment and gender equality. Every year millions of organizations worldwide proactively associate themselves with the celebration of women’s day by planning events and contests. It is an excellent way to exhibit an appreciation for female employees.
On this occasion, if you are enthusiastically looking for some creative ideas to recognize women’s day in your organization. Here are some Ideas:
- A Family day out: Ask all your employees (Male or Female) to invite any important female family member to office. Recognize them by giving them with gifts and mementos. In this way, the organization will gain employees trust and will give a feeling of empowerment in between of women employees.
- Welcome Message: Create a welcome message for each woman on their laptops / Intranet/workstation, whichever is practical for you
- Hosting Lunch: This is the best and most famous practice of recognizing women hood at a workplace. Business Leaders or Heads can organize a small Lunch party for all female employees (irrespective of any Hirerachy) at some good restaurants. or at your workplace only.
- Women Sports Day: Organise Sports Activities where only female employees can participate.
- Gift with ‘Gift Vouchers’: Give away Gift Vouchers to all female employees
- Health Checkup Camp: Tieup with good Hospitals and organize complete Health checkup camp where the doctors can do counseling of female employees
These are a few of the ideas that organizations can use to celebrate the day with great enthusiasm and show their support to women empowerment.